Auckland is a fantastic place to live, and you have all of your amenities on your doorstep, but it is easy to get caught up in the big city life and find yourself feeling disconnected from nature. That’s why it is important to explore the stunning natural beauty surrounding Auckland from time to time, and what better way to do this than by a trip to Kaituna Cascades. Enjoy a day of white water rafting, learning about the area’s history, and enjoying the gorgeous natural beauty!
Here at Kaituna Cascades, we have many rafting clients from Auckland, and we have made the trip ourselves many times. In this article, we’ll discuss how to get to Kaituna Cascades from Auckland and how to make the trip worth it.
Where Is Kaituna Cascades?
Kaituna Cascades Rafting Company’s address 18 Okere Falls Road, Okere Falls 3074, Rotorua, New Zealand. If you can get to Rotorua city centre, Kaituna Cascades is just a short, 20-minute drive from there, and taxis are available.
How Far Is Kaituna Cascades Rafting From Auckland?
According to Google Maps, Kaituna Cascades is approximately 236 kilometres from Auckland and should take around 3 hours by car.
How To Get From Auckland To Kaituna?
- Car – Use Google Maps to direct you from Auckland to Rotorua and then to Kaituna Cascades.
- Bus- Some buses depart daily from Auckland to Rotorua centre.
- Train – You could take a train to Hamilton from Auckland and then a bus from Hamilton to Rotorua.
What Is There To Do Between Auckland And Rotorua?
If you decide to drive from Auckland to Rotorua, there are many things you could do along the way. The city of Hamilton is the biggest sightseeing opportunity between the two cities. Make sure you get up early enough so that you can take the time to explore and enjoy Hamilton too!
Ways To Make the Journey Worth It
- Carpool with other members of your rafting group to save on fuel
- Pack lots of yummy snacks to enjoy along the way
- Make a great road trip playlist
- Bring your camera to capture memories
Are you interested in leaving Auckland for a rafting adventure? Feel free to get in touch with us today and book an exciting day of rafting with our professional team.